Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Marian Bulletin Screening

2:40-3:40 PM, English Time

Ms. Basilio announced that the screening for the MB (Marian Bulletin) will be held today after dismissal at the Library. Knowing Generosity, halos lahat na-excite. And actually, i'm one of them. Kasi I was part of the MB last school year as the Assistant Sports Editor (tag-teamed with my Sports Editor, Ate Jacq)
I am planning to step up to one level. And that is, being the Sports Editor. Nakakayaw kung iisipin, kasi hindi siya nalalayo sa dati kong posisyon (tinanggalan lang ng 'assistant' eh.. Haha, corny!) But the truth is, I find sports as my comfort zone. Naging interesado kasi ako on the words that sports announcers are using. Kaya nga I always watch the PBA, most especially the UAAP (although I just started watching it during its 71st Season). I'm also looking forward for its courtside reporters' forecast of the game (because for everybody's knowledge, I'm a FRUSTRATED courtside reporter) because they enrich my sports vocabulary everytime I watch them. Sana nga lang matupad yung frustration kong yun. Haha :]


THE MOMENT OF TRUTH
MB Screening

Grabe, this is it! Eto na yung matagal ko nang iniintay. Abut-abot na ang nerbyos ko, at nasa negative below zero na yata sa lamig ang mga kamay ko (na lalo pang pinalamig ng aircon sa Library).
At first I was seated beside my classmates, namely: Gelo, Carlson, Claui, Lyka, Diane, and Clarose. After some talks, biglang nag-announce si Clarose,
"Wala pang nag-aapply sa Associate, Asst. Assoc., and sa Managing Ed. Try natin mga 'pre."
This made me consider Managing Editor the position to apply for. Sabi nga nila, walang masamang mag-try. Pero sa tingin ko, masyado siyang mataas compared to being an Asst. Sports Ed before. So para hindi ko biglain yung sarili ko, I finally decided to apply for Sports Editor.
As for my other classmates, they tried their luck in applying for the Assoc., Asst. Assoc., and Managing Ed while I and some of my other classmates applied for the section editors, like me.
Then, we were sorted out according to the type of section we're applying for. I was seated with Julie (lil sis of Ate Jacq), my classmate Ron, and two other freshie students applying for Sports Writer like them. But as for me, I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO APPLIED FOR SPORTS ED! Meaning, it's a sure thing na ako na yung matatanggap. Medyo hindi siya fulfilling sa part ko, kasi ni wala man lang akong nakalaban for the said position. Ang dating tuloy, parang pwede na ako, pero hindi pwedeng-pwede.
My mood was slightly altered when we were given the topic to write about. Kasi we were asked to write about our favorite sport and how it would help the youth today. As always, I wrote all about Basketball. Kasi of all the sports, basketball talaga yung kabisadung-kabisado ko.
We were given 30 minutes to compose our entries, but it was only during halfway of the time limit that my mind started working. I was just about to finish the middle part of my entry when there was only a minute left for us to finish. S'YEMPRE, NANGARAG NA AKO kaya tinapos ko na agad yung entry ko kahit na parang I left my entry hanging in the end. Good thing I was able to conclude already dun sa last part ng entry ko, answering the question given to us.
Ang mas lalo pa kasing nagpatagal sa'kin was my hands getting frozen and it's really hard for me to write. Kahit na gusto kong bilisang magsulat, hindi ko magawa kasi parang nag-yelo na nang tuluyan yung mga kamay ko. My mind tells me to hurry up, but my hands can't go with it. Ayun, kahit hindi ko natapos at least I was able to give justice to my entry.


Hai, what a very tiring day. Find time to take some rest guys. It will be of really great help, especially to those who have the busiest schedule in the world (like me? Haha)
Relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy everything life brings!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment